Only for export!
Vet-o-test Leishmania is designed to detect Leishmania antibodies in whole blood, serum or plasma. After being absorbed into the cellulose pad, the antibodies of Leishmania move and bind with gold-colloid complex of Leishmania antigen of the conjugate pad, forming Ag-Ab complex. This complex, then, forms Ag-Ab-Ag direct sandwich binding with antigen (Ag) of Leishmania in the nitrocellulose membrane. The test results can appearance on Control and Test lines where the principles of immunochromatography are used.
- One-step rapid test of Leishmania antibodies
- Rapid test results between 5 ~ 10 minutes
- Expensive equipment not required
- Easy storage and maintenance
- High-purity and high-quality materials of the test kit increase its sensitivity and specificity.
Materials (10 tests/kit)
- Test 10 units
- Diluent (buffer) 2㎖ x 1 units
- Disposable dropper for sample collection. 10 units
- Instruction for use 1 unit
Specimen well (S : for dropping), Test line (T), and Control line (C) are marked on the device. Inside it, the strip is composed of sample pad, conjugate pad, nitrocellulose membrane (test paper), and absorbent pad
Detection of Leishmania antibodies from whole blood, serum, or plasma
Whole blood, serum or plasma
- Test procedure
a) When specimen and test kits are stored at cold circumstances (2~8 ℃), put them at room temperature for 15 ~ 30 minutes before use.
b) Take out a device from a pouch and place it on a horizontal surface.
c) Using a dropper as a pipette, obtain the specimen and dispense 1 drop (40 ㎕) of the fluid into the specimen well (S).
d) When the specimen is completely absorbed into the specimen well (S), add 1 drop (40㎕) of buffer.
e) Read the test results between 5 ~ 10 minutes.
Consider the test results as invalid after 10 minutes.
- Interpretation of the results
A purple band should appear on the control line regardless of the test result. The presence of another band on the test line determines the result.
Control Line (C): The line should always appear regardless of the presence of Leishmania antibodies. If this line does not appear, the test should be considered invalid. This is probably because of impure buffer and the lack of specimen. It should be tested again with new buffer.
Test Line (T): The presence of Leishmania antibodies determines the test line.
1) Negative: Control line only appears.
2) Positive: Both Test and Control lines appear.
a) Both Test and Control lines do not appear.
b) Test line only appears.
- Further examinations
- This test is for primary screening. Consult veterinarians for further necessary examinations to obtain clinical test results.
- Use for In-vitro diagnostic purposes only.
- Use within 10 minutes after opening the pouch because the test kit is very sensitive to moisture and its effect may diminish.
- Be careful of not touching the result window.
- Every specimen should be used with different droppers.
- For testing, buffer included only should be used.
- Do not use specimen showing hemolysis or being contaminated with microbes, which may cause false-positive or negative result.
- Deal with specimen carefully. They can deliver unknown virus or Infectious bacteria.
- Use disposable gloves when you suspect the infection caused by specimen. And wash your hands later.
- Dispose solid wastes after sterilizing them at 121℃ for over 1 hour.
- Do not the kit use when its pouch is torn, sealing is not good shape and expiration date passes.
The test kits store at 2 ~ 30℃ can be used for 18 months after manufacturing. Do not keep them in a refrigerator. However, if they are stored under cold circumstances, keep them at room temperature for 15 ~ 30 minutes before use.
Only for research purposes.