Diagnostic kit CARBA is intended for fast identification of bacteria producing carbapenemases
By enzymatic hydrolysis of β-lactam ring, colouring of inoculated solution changes from negative red-pink to yellow, indicating positive test result of examined microorganism.
SUMMARY AND EXPLANATION
Diagnostic kit CARBA is intended for fast identification of bacteria producing carbapenemases.
By enzymatichydrolysis of β-lactam ring, colouring of inoculated solution changes from negative red - pink to yellow, indicating positive test result of examined microorganism.
DIAGNOSTIC KIT CONTAINS
- CARBA „a“-substrate in 5 pc of microtubes eppendorf
- CARBA „b”-solution 5 ml
- information leaflet
1. Add 12 - 14 drops of solution CARBA „b“ to microtube CARBA „a“. Put one full 10 μl inoculation loop of bacteria
mass to prepared microtube and thoroughly homogenise. Use fresh 24 h bacterial culture from suitable cultivation medium (for example blood agar).
2. Evaluate result of test after 0,5 - 2 hours.
For the need of own proof function, use following recommended bacterial strains:
|Bacterial strain||CCM / ATCC||Colour||Interpretation|
|4419 / -||yellow||positive |
|without bacteria||-||red - pink||negative|
CCM: Czech Collection of Microorganisms, Masaryk University Brno, Kamenice 5,
625 00 Brno, Czech Republic, tel. +420549491430, e-mail: email@example.com
WARNINGS AND SECURITY PRECAUTIONS
- For in vitro diagnostics use.
- For professional use only
- Follow the instructions exactly!
- All samples and inoculated products has to be considered aspotentially infectious and obvious safety valid regulations must berespected while handling.
- Before use, check if the packaging is intact. Do not use damagedkit.
- Leftovers of expired or devaluated reagent liquidate according to
regulations of your country. Packaging materials are recyclable.
Store CARBA at dark place at +2 to +8 °C. Expiration date is placed on the label of each package.